Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 5, 2013

For the ladies and some men... DOES YOUR MAKEUP EXPIRE?

If you are holding on to your glittery eyeshadow, you may want to toss it in the bin now! Research has shown that the preservatives used in make-up may break down over time, allowing bacteria to grow. This could also lead to acne, eye irritation, rashes or discolouration.
Experts have advised on the following "use-by" rules:

Foundation- 1 year
Lipsticks- 1 year
Mascara- 3-4 months (I know right?! I am definitely guilty of holding on to my mascara for over a year)
Blush/Powder/Eyeshadows- 2 years

So if all of a sudden, you notice some not so normal pimples and rashes, it might be time to ditch those expensive make ups.
Thank me later, lol!

5 comments:

  1. love this post! i knew there was an expiration date for cosmetics but had no clue what they were...very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite informative, good job Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed an informative article like I have yours. You've exceeded my high standards and expectations with your excellent writing skills. You must have higher standards than I do.
    nicaprin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent post you've written! This is useful and well-balanced details with still-- t- provoking perspectives and also content.bb glow treatment sydney
    skin glow treatment sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks for sharing!!
    Does Urine Hold DNA

    ReplyDelete